Walcott Trust and Savings Bank ATM cards make it possible to conduct transactions at thousands of compatible ATM facilities 24 hours a day worldwide. Walcott Trust and Savings Bank has unlimited transaction use with the ATM card. Daily limits apply.
New VISA® Check Cards with EMV Chip
The new Walcott Trust and Savings Bank VISA® Check Cards are finally here! Your card will now include an EMV chip. That means more protection for you! Your new card includes the latest chip technology which provides and added layer of security, providing greater protection against fraud for purchases made at the point of sale. The information programmed into the chip is personalized fro your account and each transaction is unique, adding a new safeguard against fraud. It still automatically deducts purchases from your checking account, which makes it easier to keep track of your money. Your VISA® Check Card can be used at any merchant displaying the Visa® symbol or you can use your VISA® Check Card as an ATM card to make deposits, withdrawals, or transfer funds at any compatible ATM 24 hours a day. Daily limits apply.
World Wide Acceptance
- Your chip card will make traveling easier and more convenient with its wide acceptance.
- Most merchants in other countries use chip-enable terminals that work with your new card.
- Your card continues to have the traditional magnetic stripe on the back, enabling you to use it at merchants without chip-enabled terminals.
How do the new chip cards work?
If a merchant is already using a chip-enabled terminal, paying is an easy as:
- Insert your card, face up and chip end into the terminal.
- Leave your card in the terminal during the entire transaction.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and either sign your name or enter you PIN as needed.
-Be sure to remove your card and take your receipt when the transaction is complete.
If a merchant isn't using a chip-enabled terminal yet, you'll still be able to 'swipe' your card to make you purchase, just as you do today.
At an ATM
- Insert your chip card into the terminal and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Depending on the type of ATM, you may be prompted to re-insert you card.
- Leave the card in the ATM until the transaction is complete and the card is released, and then remove your card and any cash you may have withdrawn.
- A PIN is needed for ATM transactions.
On the Internet or On the Phone
- Nothing has changed for transactions made online or by telephone. You'll make payments just as you do today.
To Request a VISA® Check Card with EMV Chip
To request a Visa® check card simply contact the bookkeeping department at 563-284-6202 and they will be happy to take care of signing you up (Please be aware that replacement cards have a fee of $10). Bookkeeping is here to answer all your questions. Or, click on the "contact" button above. Complete the required fields and click submit. We will be happy to contact you and sign you up!
Protecting Your Debit Card
Why We Block Other Countries:
Due to the increase in fraudulent debit and credit card activity, we take a proactive stance in protecting your account(s) with us. The safest way to protect your account(s) is for the bank to block debit card activity from countries known to have high incidents of fraudulent transactions, such as Nigeria, Spain, Romania, and others - many of which are surprising.
Our Policy:In order to safeguard your account(s) against potential risk, our policy is to block access to your
debit card or account from all foreign countries unless you notify us of your intent to travel. We
have chosen this approach because fraud has been reported from countries that you might
not expect, and the list of wide-spread fraud is ever-changing and growing. In the event that
you are planning a trip outside of the United States, we will unblock those countries to which you
are traveling. This will provide you access to your accounts at ATMs and to make purchases
with your debit card while you're away. This security and protection of your accounts is our top
For more information contact a Bank Representative at (563) 284-6202.
To report a lost/stolen VISA® Check Card:
During regular banking hours, please call (563) 284-6202.
After hours only call 1-800-554-8969.